Find a Job
- BBBH21615 Lead Java Developer - Edinburgh Hybrid - 80-120K plus 30% Bonus
Lead Java Developer - Edinburgh Hybrid - 80-120K plus 30% Bonus
Lorien's client, a great firm succeeding in one of the world's largest markets, is looking to bring on board a Lead Java Developer to continue building up their new central Edinburgh office (hybrid working, model below), work closely with a cross-functional dev team across Scotland, London and overseas, and put their skills to good use as they create products and tooling for a growing, global customer base.
In this instance, they're looking for Java Developers (Lead level and maybe Seniors looking for a step up, too) from either Back End/Full Stack backgrounds to take the reins across the development of core business software as part of their wider global trading platform, and engineer a variety of technical solutions including core trading and order management services, cloud-based microservices, big data solutions and more.
What you'll enjoy in return for your efforts:
- Strong remuneration packages of around 80-120K depending on your level and relevant skills, plus bonuses up to 30% which could even increase depending on the market fit, popularity and impact of your creations
- Hybrid working (2 days in office, 3 days WFH per week) in a new central Edinburgh office, very commutable by public transport and close to the main train stations
- Chance to work on tooling and products used across the globe in an impactful market
- Opportunities to progress both professionally (you can pave your own career pathway) and technically, with chances to upskill and learn as you go
Some of the duties involved:
- Designing, developing and improving key software and APIs
- Helping to lead in a hands-on capacity; improving both the team and products simultaneously and representing less senior members at stand ups
- Liaising with a multidisciplinary team of Front End, Product Management, QA and UX/UI specialists
- Contributing to flagship system/tooling-related and high-level architectural decisions
- Leading and mentoring other Developers as the team grows
- Writing clean code and instilling best practices wherever possible
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong Java development skills - either in a Back End or Full Stack capacity (there are openings for both)
- Strong grasp of data structures, algorithms, Hash Maps / Hash Tables and related concepts
- Some record of team leadership ideally with line management skills
If this sounds like a good match for your skills, and you like the idea of joining an already successful team operating in a promising market, working on solutions and seeing the fruits of your labour through exciting products, amazing bonuses and more, apply now with your latest CV and let's have a chat!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search