2nd Line Support Engineer - Azure Desktop - Inside IR35
We have an great new opportunity for a 2nd Line Support Engineer experienced in Azure to join our client who is a Global IT Service Consultancy. This role will be on an initial 6 month contract, based in Edinburgh and Inside IR35.
This key role will be based in Edinburgh and will report to the 2nd Line Platform Manager. You will be working in a small team of specialists on the latest technologies and providing technical support to a client base of over 60,000 users.
You will have experience of providing technical support at 2nd level in Azure Desktop environment. Working hours are Monday to Friday with no on call responsibilities however there may be a requirement to work outside of business hours to suit customer needs.
- Progressing end user incidents referred from the Service Desk using approved tools and in compliance with the Incident process.
- Telephone contact with end users.
- Able to work under pressure in remote environment.
- Investigating and diagnosing technical issues passed over from Service Desk.
- Working with Tech Leads and other team members on mitigation and resolution of the incidents.
- Resolving or transferring incidents to appropriate Support Groups.
- Applying timely and accurate updates to assigned incidents.
- Tracking SLA expiry times and resolving incidents within SLA deadlines.
- Updating knowledge documents and raising request for new KSDs.
- Identifying incident trends and potential service improvements and communicating them via the appropriate channels.
- Previous experience in a customer facing 2nd Level Support role
- Background in end user support and customer service environments
- Excellent Microsoft Azure knowledge and skills
- Good Microsoft Office 365 knowledge
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness to learn and develop IT knowledge
- Ability to analyse issues and identify the best solutions within SLA.
- Previous experience in working in Azure 2nd Line support role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft VBA, Powershell scripting skills
- Exposure to Citrix Technologies
- Knowledge of Windows 2012 and 2016 Server technologies
- Exposure to vSphere.
- Exposure to Microsoft Virtulisation, Appv5, HyperV technologies
- Understanding of ITIL processes
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search