Optomechanical Design Engineering Manager - Near Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Lorien's client (situated near Edinburgh and offering hybrid working, flexible hours, and a lot more) has a great and exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager with a background in optomechanical design to join and lead one of their core teams.
Having introduced several individuals into their teams ourselves, we know how well they treat their staff and how rewarding the work can be (the company has helped hundreds of millions of people already and continue to improve lives across the globe), so this would be a great match for anyone looking to join a supportive organisation who also offer hybrid work from home (very commutable from Edinburgh and surrounding regions), flexible hours arrangements, a generous bonus scheme, and much more.
Take a look at the finer details below and if you'd like to have a chat about this, apply now with your latest CV and let's see if this ticks your boxes!
Snapshot of the duties involved:
- Lead a team of engineers across a range of projects in an R&D-style, Agile work setting
- Take charge across all area of mechanical design & verification such as input to/analysis of tech requirements/specifications, design verification, test execution and more
- Design & qualify mechanical solutions for existing product improvements and new product designs
- Liaise with suppliers on manufacturing methods and pricing of components/modules
- Work with stakeholders such as Product Managers during the transfer of mechanical designs into manufacturing
- Line management of around 5 direct reports including appraisals, progress reviews and the like
- Project planning and resourcing of people, equipment and anything else required
What you'll bring to the table:
- A strong background in the Mechanical and Optomechanical Engineering domain
- Knowledge of optomechanical design and qualification as well as skills using 3D CAD modelling (such as SolidWorks)
- Proven record of leading a team, including line management and staff reviews
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Previous work across estimation, planning, resourcing, execution, stakeholder engagement, tracking and delivery
- Understanding of risk-based analysis
If you like the idea of joining an established, innovative, successful (and expanding) organisation with a great track record of looking after their staff, enjoying hybrid working as well as flexible working hour arrangements tailored around you, a great bonus scheme and a friendly bunch of like-minded individuals to work with, apply now for immediate consideration and let's have a chat!
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted