SQL Data Engineer
6 month contract
£530 per day, inside IR35
Perth based, but remote/hybrid working
Our major client in the Energy Industry is looking for an experience SQL Data Engineer to join their team, for an initial 6 month contract.
- Ability to take client requirements, understand them and turn them into a high quality, performant data warehouse solution
- Confident communicating with stakeholders of all levels including the ability to advise, train and support staff and clients where necessary
- Strong data analysis and data modelling skills
- Knowledge of Azure Dev Ops Data Model for Analytics is desirable
- Previous experience of producing similar requirement is essential
- Ability to deliver powerful story told through engaging visuals in Power BI
- Understanding how the full suite of Power BI products work is essential
- Excellent understanding of agile methodology, OKRs and programme delivery.
- Goal of project is to deliver an enterprise view portfolio delivery across all business areas.
- Standardise data from across project tracking tools to show the cumulative benefits delivered from agile change programmes
- Create a data model and Power BI outputs that allow teams and stakeholders drill down and share key results and benefit metrics across projects.
- Create ETL process to consume data from Azure Dev Ops, MSFT Project Online, excel project tracking sources.
- Create a data model to help the VRO track projects value delivery, prioritisation, and Objective Key-Results (OKRs)
- Provide technical support and guidance through prototyping, testing, build, and launch of Data Warehouse solution and Power BI products.
- Data Modelling - Validation of data in SQL Data Warehouse and Developing calculations in DAX which are accurate and performant on large datasets.
- Designing effective layouts using Data Visualisations best practises.
- Create Power BI reports / dashboards / scorecards detailing the delivery of business value from internal change programmes. Results are to be shared with stakeholders of all levels
- Undertaking data analyses to support decision making
- Develop user manual / training documentation and share knowledge with colleagues
- Self-starter/able to work independently and proactively offer solutions
- A track record of working in an agile environment
- Ability to organise and manage own time according to agreed project priorities and deadlines
- Experience of working with Azure Dev Ops Data Model for Analytics, and consuming data via Rest APIs or OData feeds is desirable.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Azure data stack (Azure Dev Ops, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, SQL) is desirable
- Knowledge of Power Automate and Power Apps is desirable
Are you interested in a new role? If so, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search