PROGRAMME PLANNING MANAGER - 12 MTH - INSIDE IR35
Loriens client requires an experienced Programme Planning Manager for an initial 12 month contract to support them deliver a new flagship change programme to improve the performance and efficiency of how corporate shared services are provided.
The Programme Planning Manager is at the heart of the Programme, working with the Head of PMO, Programme Director, Workstream Leads and PMO colleagues to plan, analyse and manage project information.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop, promote an uphold the defined planning standards for the programme to enable ease of roll-up of milestone data, resource and dependencies (and to promote use across wider portfolio)
- Develop, track and maintain dependencies with other programmes, calling out impact of overall delivery plan and outcomes
- Review plans to ensure changes can be adopted effectively
- Undertake weekly planning cycles are carried out against the agreed standard and highlight and raise concerns where appropriate
- Production of insightful MI such as look ahead Reports
- Management of the overall Programme Plan & Plan on a Page
- Provide feedback and required support to workstreams where required ensuring Planning Standards are adhered to
- Provide expert advice on the Planning Process throughout the life cycle of the programme
- Challenge and test assumptions to make sure that Plans are realistic and achievable
- Co-ordinate feedback to Senior Management
- Provide plan updates at Governance forums when required
- The role will also extend to cover other aspects of the PMO function which may include RAID Management, Assurance, Resourcing, Change Control. This will be less than 40% of the role but will vary from time to time to provide cover and meet the demands of the programme.
Essential Skills / Background / Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of planning best practice, techniques across both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- A professional (expert) in the use of MS Project
- Previous experience as a Project Planner ideally on a large fast paced (ERP) programme
- Ability to extract and interrogate data using MS Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working as part of a team with both internal and external stakeholders. Able to influence and challenge managers at all levels, towards effective financial and planning management.
- Use of Planview Enterprise One for planning
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search