Senior UI Designer
Last year more people opened an account with this FS company than with any other brand! they have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK's most trusted financial services brand. As a mutual, they're owned by their customers, not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything they do, which makes working there feel different from that of 'for-profit' companies.
Currently n the middle of a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve how the organisation approaches the design-led delivery of its products and services. Meeting the needs and expectations of thier members and colleagues has never been more important. To do this effectively, we need to be free to innovate and explore new ideas, we require established brand and experience quality standards, and we need to be nimble enough to move at pace, learn and pivot with confidence.
We'd love for you to come and join us and help us on this journey...
What you'll be doing
You'll use your expertise in visual and interaction design to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them.
- You'll be working with cross-functional teams, ranging from User Experience Designers, Content Designers, and Engineers to Product Owners and Delivery Leads and Product SMEs
- You'll be working to an agile delivery methodology, working through all the stages of Design Thinking, from Empathise to Implement
- You'll be involved in customer research to uncover the issues our members and colleagues are facing, instrumental in identifying opportunities and shape the direction of new experiences
- You'll be accountable for consistency, creativity, and design integrity whilst upholding and contributing to shared design system
- You will ensure our experience standards and service principles are adhered to at all times, continuingly monitoring their effectiveness and identifying opportunities to improve them
- You'll be representing our brand, making sure the distinctiveness of our brand is applied appropriately and consistently across member touchpoints
- You'll be encouraged to have a voice and share your opinions and experiences, driving up the quality and craft in everything you and those around you do
- You'll have previous experience working as a UI or Visual Designer within an agency or in-house design team
- You'll be someone who has significant and demonstrable experience in designing experiences across products and services
- You'll have a detailed knowledge of visual and interaction design and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities, and tools to create delightful experiences
- You'll possess the ability to bring ideas to life in different ways - we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative creation
- A strong attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft is what drives you - your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
- You are comfortable taking ownership of the decisions you make and the actions you take
- You'll be able to identify opportunities to enhance experiences and be able to use your influencing skills to ensure we design the right things, the right way
- You'll have the ability to share your design capabilities with those around you and be comfortable with the responsibility for developing more junior members of the team
- You'll be a natural storyteller, presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
- You'll bring a solid understanding of design systems and the experience of using and developing one
- You'll be keen to get involved in shaping the discipline team, working with managers to help develop the culture and the methods surrounding our craft
Experiences that are beneficial
- Working in the financial services, eCommerce, or within the public sector
- Experience applying UX method - testing, mapping, etc.
- An understanding of Accessibility and a passion for designing accessible experiences
- Experience in Native design and/or Web application/system design
- A basic knowledge and appreciation for development from working directly with developers and delivering a design through to live.
We're also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We'd love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you'd make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you're sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it's a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you'll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available, including:
- A personal pension - if you put in 7% of your salary, we'll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Remote / flex working options
Lorien Internal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search