As a Electrical Maintenance Technician the successful candidate will be a time served apprentice having an electrotechnical qualification equal to NVQ level 3 diploma. Ideally with Building Services Engineering experience.
At Nationwide we openly put our 15 million members at the centre of every decision we make as a business. Every role, no matter what it's doing, is member focused.
Your success isn't based on how long you spend at your desk. You'll have contracted hours, but we're always happy to support flexible working wherever we can. That might mean working from home or different Nationwide offices or agreeing a working pattern to help you balance work and life. We will always strive to find a way that works for everyone.
If we receive a high volume of relevant applications, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date, so please apply as soon as you can.
What you'll be doing
- Support the Facilities Management team in ensuring that Nationwide's premises meet regulatory and compliance standards
- Develop the skills and knowledge to be accountable for working safely within the operating environment
- Maintain the condition of Nationwide assets under complex conditions, without impact to business operations
- Follow procedures and develop an understanding of technical documentation, to enable the accurate completion of required documentation and certification when required with the support of your Facilities consultant
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs, resolve problems and ensure delivery and resolution meets requirements
- Recognise and help us achieve customer satisfaction as a key measure of success. This will be achieved through a mixture of technical competence and behavioural competence through PRIDE behaviours.
- Support the local Facilities Management engineering team in the resolution of proactive and reactive maintenance tasks and challenges within the timescales dictated e.g. monthly routine planned maintenance tasks, 5-day reactive response times, etc
- Carrying out maintenance or supporting engineers in Low Risk, High Care and High-Risk environments, always adhering to Technical procedures.
- Liaise effectively with and help supervise external maintenance contractors (as required) and ensure that they follow Health and Safety standards.
- Communication and working relationships with:
- Property Services team members
- Internal and external customers (colleagues & members)
- Training providers & assessors (e.g. Swindon college, etc.)
- Electro-technical qualification equal to NVQ level 3 diploma
- Ability to understand and adhere to the service and regulatory standards required of the role
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- Ability to follow instruction and direction
- Flexibility to support across all aspects of building services engineering as required
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Ability to learn demonstrated through achievement of previous qualifications or equivalent i.e. GCSEs, work experience
- Promote a culture where PRIDE is paramount
- Experience with computers and related software
- A team player
- Good communication skills
- Good understanding and knowledge of maintenance processes and legislation
We're also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We'd love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are
- How you'd make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you're sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it's a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you'll get
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension - if you put in 7% of your salary, we'll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday, pro rata
- London location allowance - £4,687 per annum, pro rata
Why work at Nationwide
We're different from other financial service providers. We're a building society, owned by our members. And for over 130 years, we've supported those members to make the most of their money and achieve what they want from life.
That's reflected in the way we work here at Nationwide. We come together to make sure we're doing things in the best way possible, both for each other and for our members. If you join us, you'll be part of that. You'll be able to help us build something really quite special. And you'll have the opportunity to make a real difference.
On top of that, we always want you to be yourself. To use your skills and experience to make our Society stronger. To feel valued for who you are, not just what you do. Because here at Nationwide, we understand that we can do more together than we ever could alone.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the 'Apply Now' button. You'll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.
Lorien Internal is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted