Top three skills:
1) Design and build highly complex software solutions using agile/XP/TDD. Program well-designed, efficient code independently. C#/.NET, SQL (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
2) Collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to build cloud native software solutions targeting AWS. Significant understanding of cloud-native software engineering best practices (AWS Lambda, AWS S3, AWS Glue, Kafka, QLIK)
3) Clearly communicate team wide progress and identify blocking processes/patterns that hold a team back.
What are we looking for? Motivated and energetic engineers who are passionate about building amazing software.
Senior Software Engineers are primarily responsible for designing highly complex solutions then building and overseeing the execution of those designs.
Individuals with this role are required to:
• Design and build highly complex software solutions using agile/XP/TDD. Program well-designed, efficient code independently.
o SQL (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
• Collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to build cloud native software solutions targeting AWS. Significant understanding of cloud-native software engineering best practices
o AWS Lambda
o AWS S3
o AWS Glue
• Clearly communicate team wide progress and identify blocking processes/patterns that hold a team back.
• Participate in paired programming and code reviews with juniors to expand the team’s collective knowledge and understanding of software engineering.
• Complete independent research to refine best practices and present work to peers.
Senior Software Engineer must possess:
• Strong relational skills that enable healthy, high-performing teamwork
• A breadth of experience building software solutions (through a strong mix of independent research/projects and industry expertise).
• 5-7 years’ previous experience in software development. (Either 7 years of experience specifically in software development or five years of experience in software development in combination with 2 years alternative experience in a related field). Ideally has a portfolio of work – code samples, etc.
• Significant familiarity and comfort in using IDEs. Knows short-cuts and frequents operations that speeds up development time.
• Deep and solid understanding of APIs. Have been involved in designing/building/implementing APIs.
• Familiarity with a several frameworks. Resulting code is concise and easy-to-follow.
• Experience with automation and optimization. Looks for ways to create repeatable patterns that increase the efficiency of the team.
• Experience and ability to manage and optimize databases.
• Quick to picking up a new language or adopting a more recent version of a language.
• Familiarity and able to comfortably work with multiple platforms.
• Experience turning complex ideas into user stories. From that, can turn user stories into workable solutions, providing estimates to complete that work, and breaking down complex work into smaller components.
• Previous experience collaborating on a cross-functional team.
• Deep understanding of development cycle.
• Ability to debug and avoid future problems by building more robust solutions.
• Ability to look at previous personal or team experience and use this to analyze mistakes/successes, draw conclusions, and design future solutions. Resulting solutions have few bugs and quick remediation times.
• Experience building solutions with the larger team in mind. Solutions have the goal of improving software engineering at the team level.
• Experience with teaching and mentoring team members at various levels.
• A deep and solid understanding of cyber security principles such as authentication, authorization and encryption. Ability to leverage and recommend common security libraries applicable to their language stack and solid experience with secure programming best practices. Knowledgeable of common attack vectors, such as SQL injection, Denial of Service (DoS), Cross-Site Scripting, etc. and methods to limit exposure. Quick to identify and remediate potential security vulnerabilities.
• Experience working with one or more CI/CD stacks and associated best practices. Ability to setup CI/CD for new products with no guidance. Recommends and implements modifications to CI/CD processes when continuous improvement opportunities are identified.
• Turn complex ideas into manageable pieces of work to complete as part of a product team.
• Coach and mentor software developers.
• Provide technical guidance to leadership so that solutions are built with innovation and sustainability in mind.
• Learn the business drivers of a product and help drive the technical direction of a product to fulfill the desired vision.
Lorien, Powered By Impellam, is a digital, transformation, and technology recruitment specialist. We work with clients of all sectors, sizes, and tech needs – from digital giants to tech-enabled businesses – to attract and retain top talent around the
world. Through our network of specialists, we combine deep tech sector expertise with the scope, depth, and breadth of large-scale talent solutions, giving our clients and candidates the confidence and the agility to compete in the digital age.
• ED&I: Lorien, powered by Impellam Group, is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
• EEO: Impellam Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful
under applicable law.
• Accommodation: Impellam Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Impellam Group recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age,
veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application, interview process, preemployment activity, and
the performance of crucial job functions. Please contact HR-InfoImpellamNA@impellam.com to request accommodation.
your application has been submitted