The Corn Modeling Team at the Climate LLC is looking for a highly motivated Data scientist – Statistician with applied experience in statistics and machine learning. The successful candidate will leverage their statistics and data science skills to analyze complex agronomic data and build predictive models to help our growers better manage key aspects of their operations.
The candidate will work in the Corn Seed Density group and will leverage their statistical and machine learning knowledge to perform statistical analysis of complex agronomic trials data and assist in models validation/building to be used in-house or by the growers.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- List the primary job duties and responsibilities using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading.
- Perform statistical analysis of complex agronomic trials data as part of product validation tests
- Assist the team by exploring and munging large and diverse agronomic datasets as part of building models
- Develop code to implement analysis workflows in a robust and reproducible fashion
- Assist with high-level analysis, design, and code reviews
- Design, prototype, and test predictive models using diverse techniques that include but are not limited to machine learning, process modeling, and statistical modeling to solve challenging analytics problems ranging from exploratory to highly applied
- Work closely with a team of world-class scientists, engineers, and mathematicians to deliver high quality and reproducible scientific research
- MS in Statistics, Data Science or another highly quantitative discipline
- 2 years of industry/academic experience working on applied statistical, data science projects.
- Experience with statistical analysis using R, or Python languages.
- Full proficiency with R (data processing with dplyr, visualizations with ggplot2, R Shiny etc.), Python (standard data science packages such as numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, sklearn), and SQL.
- Experience with database, data wrangling, statistical models, machine learning methods, and their proper application to different data
Nice to have:
- Ph.D. with 1 year of experience in Statistics, Data Science, or another highly quantitative discipline
Lorien is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law.
your application has been submitted