It Software Engineer - £37,000
I am representing a well-known insurance business, based just outside of Watford on hiring for a 2nd / 3rd Line Engineer. The infrastructure team is fast paced with a large list of technologies that need covering, raging from networking to cloud support.
- Managing infrastructure projects from initiation phases through to deployment
- Installation and support of both physical and virtual server environments
- Perform complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery
- Work with 3rd party Web Hosting and Cloud service providers to ensure applications environments are maintained and service levels meet KPI measures. Provide monitoring, performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting across a broad range of systems and applications
Here is an overview of the skills required + Tech stack (not all essential)
- Strong knowledge of networking; Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, Leased Lines, VPN)
- Experience of managing AWS/Azure cloud hosting environments
- Experience of configuring Linux (Red Hat products more desirable)
- Experience of Hybrid cloud environments
- Experience of using Targeted Threat/Zero Day prevention technologies
- Experience of cloud-based telephone system administration and support
- Working knowledge of the VMWare ESXi v7.0 virtualisation platforms.
Please apply to this role with your most up to date and relevant.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search