Senior Finance Accountant
6 month contract
£500 per day, inside IR35
Hybrid role - 3 days on site, 2 days remote
Watford based location
My major client is looking for a Senior Finance Accountant to join their team on a 6 month contract.
- Responsible for assisting in the monthly preparation and review of the Admin & Distribution P&L areas as required collaborating with colleagues in the Commercial Finance & Financial Control teams to ensure a clear and common understanding of variances to the annual budget and monthly re-forecasts.
- Responsible for reporting the monthly Consolidated Financial Statements (P&L and Balance Sheet) for all entities and supporting in the preparation of monthly corporate submissions.
- The budgeting, reconciliation and re-forecasting of all lease accounting costs
- The maintenance and reconciliation of legal entity Fixed Asset books.
- Supporting the Balance Sheet reconciliation and review process; ensuring that all accounts are reconciled in a timely manner with any risks or opportunities clearly identified & communicated.
- Support ad hoc projects and other key deliverables/objectives of the Financial Accounting team
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- (Newly) Qualified accountant with proven post qualification experience in a multi site environment
- Some experience of preparing statutory accounts in either the UK, Germany or Poland would be preferable.
- Thorough grasp of basic closing routines/ ability to ensure integrity of the general ledger in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to drill down to appropriate level of detail, and then understand and communicate the cause of variances to budget & re-forecast.
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and oversee the execution of recommendations for improvement.
- Strong excel skills
- Flexibility in approach and a willingness to go beyond the defined role.
- Experience of Oracle Financial system preferable.
Are you interested? If so, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search