AV Event Manager / Technician
Up to £45,000
Permanent role London
Our client, a growing global organization, is looking for an AV Event Manager to manage and oversee delivery of the on-site and virtual event services between them and their end client.
Reporting to the Senior Events Manager, the successful candidate will be assisting them in the AV Event planning and management across a range of onsite live events, webinars and hybrid events and will be accountable to all stakeholders for their delivery.
The position involves a high degree of client contact, often working with executive management and partners of the organisation to provide best in class services across all Audio Visual-related parts of event services.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Event Manager is expected to oversee all pre-event planning and resource scheduling, crewing, technical briefing, live event management and post-event debrief as part of their responsibility to deliver within Service Line Agreements (SLAs).
He/she would also be responsible for ensuring that all the direct reports arrive on time for the start of the scheduled meeting setup-up time and remain until the required service is functioning correctly.
The Event Manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Client Management - Building and maintaining client relationships.
- Team Management - Direct Management of Event Technicians
- Share management duties of technical staff in the delivery of live events.
- Fault Reporting Management - ensure all faults are reported and escalated in accordance to contract SLAs
- Assist in managing the rota, holidays and sicknesses within the onsite events team to allow for continuation of delivering best-in-class services
- Management of temporary free-lance personnel.
Training & Development
- Team Building - Promote and deliver team collaboration whilst maintaining team morale.
- Work with Senior Event Manager to identify opportunities for team training.
- Reporting - Collection, entry of client statistical data including SLA performance, management information, team performance and other business metrics for client.
- Meetings - Attend regular client meetings and team meetings and maintain close contact with the Senior Event Manager to ensure effective communication and take part in weekly / monthly review meetings.
- Documentation - Drive the creation and enhancement of all site documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Risk Assessments and to work with the Senior Events Manager to ensure documentation processes and procedures are maintained in accordance with client requirements.
- Scheduling - assist in the management of Event Team Rota, including holiday requests and sicknesses, to make sure all site workload and activities are planned and resourced within SLA agreements.
Events & Webinars
- Attend all pre-event planning meetings and be responsible for resource scheduling, crewing, technical briefing, live event management and post-event debrief.
- Work with specialised production (internal and external) and facilities companies in the provision of events and broadcasts.
- Maintain good communication channels with clients, get to know their technical requirements and choose the right solutions.
- Create and administrate webinars using the agreed client platform.
- Project management of live events / webinars across the client's sites.
- Attend / co-ordinate event production meetings.
- On-site management and overall responsibility of events.
- Booking crew to the highest level of skill sets.
- Providing a concise technical brief to the operating crew.
- Outsourcing and booking of hire equipment and additional services when required
- Technician duties as a member of the AV/ Events team.
- Post-event wrap-up report and meeting, including identification of incidents and problems and ensuring these are rectified prior to future events.
- Advise clients on best practice / most effective technology / best fit platform for their event / webinar.
- Advise client on potential procedural and technical risks
- Work with the AV Operations Manager and Senior Events Manager to prepare best practice documentation and ensure that it is kept up to date and stored in a shared place.
- Share events knowledge and best practices across the entire AV team.
- Working with Event Technicians, the Event Co-ordinator and the Senior Event Manager to ensure all events are resourced effectively.
- Working with AV Operations Manager to manage performance of the Event Technicians.
- Client relationship development.
- Provide regular feedback on communication issues and service improvements.
- Focus on service / operational issues for review.
- Develop service procedure documentation and ensure current documentation is kept up to date and available to the onsite AV teams.
- Oversee the maintenance and appearance of the professional working environment in the event spaces
- Identify areas of potential Technological/Operational improvements and consult with the relevant stakeholders
- Carry out all power down / up when required, usually involving out-of-hours overtime commitments.
- Coordinate all AV project/installation requirements.
- Webinar creation and delivery experience
- Understanding / experience of hybrid event delivery
- Creation of Risk Assessment documentation
- MS Office / Visio
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search