6 month contract
£550 per day, inside IR35
Remote working - offices based in Malmesbury
My major client is looking for an authentic data professional with an eye for continuous improvement, to join their team.
The primary focus for this role is to administer the Looker environment, ensuring optimal performance, understanding the changing needs of the business and adapting the platform to suit this, promoting and demonstrating new Looker upgrades and features, and providing technical support to analytics teams around the business.
Job responsibilities include:
- Working with the business to understand new project and connection needs.
- Creation and configuration of new data connections to cloud data sources.
- Configuration of Looker projects, including the creation of associated data models, and security model.
- Administer and promote new features and marketplace plugins.
- License and user lifecycle management.
- Query performance monitoring and proactive outreach to optimise usage of the platform.
- Contribute to the product roadmap and consult on how to make the most of Looker's features.
- Contribute to best practice documentation for distribution to our Analytics.
- Support and issue triage.
- A self-starter, able to drive their own initiatives whilst taking a hands-on approach to removing any blockers.
- Enthusiastic and motivated by empowering the business to do things better.
- Resilient in a constantly changing environment, with an ability to adapt, maintain focus and deliver amid shifting priorities.
- Someone with an appetite to keep their finger on the pulse of the data industry, identifying the next latest and greatest technologies that will keep us ahead.
- Administration of an enterprise business intelligence or analytics platform.
- Excellence in communication and empathy with an analytics community.
- Ability to write, interpret, debug and optimise the Looker languages LookML and Liquid.
- Use of Git version control.
- Google Cloud Foundational or Associate certified.
- Working knowledge of Service Accounts and connections between modern analytics and cloud data platforms.
- Experience of collaboration with multiple business functions around the world.
Are you interested? If so, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search