Lead Android Developer - Banking (UK Based with remote options)
We are partnering up with one of the largest banks in the UK on this exclusive Lead Android Developer role. Our client is an established retail bank listed in the FTSE 100 Index, with over 50 years of experience in supporting their customers with their investment, pension and banking solutions.
This opportunity will allow you to join one of the most established businesses in the country as a Lead Android Developer, working with new and innovative technology to deliver high-impact solutions.
As a Lead Android Developer, you will apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We'll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Flexible location (London, Bristol or Manchester) - On-Site x2 days a month
- Competitive salary + 10% Pension
- 10% Cash or Flexi Benefits (healthcare/dental etc)
- Real cutting-edge technologies and tools.
You'll need a strong background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as extensive experience in developing software in an SOA or micro-services paradigm. You'll need proven Android development experience, proficiency in Kotlin and Java, experience with Android Jetpack, SDKs, REST services, and software patterns and practices.
- Experience with TDD, mocking and stubbing and unit test tools.
- Java, Kotlin, Android SDK
- Knowledge of the key phases Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Understanding how to translate Product requirements into technical solutions
- Track record of experience as a Senior/ Lead Android Developer with some management background.
If this opportunity sounds interesting and you wish to explore it further, apply today! Or get in touch for a confidential chat.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted