Technical Business Analyst
Hybrid Working - Edinburgh or local site - 1-2days
Lorien's Banking Client are currently looking for a skilled Technical Business Analyst to join the expanding team on an initial 6-month contract. This role is ideal for someone who is ambitious and ready to support stakeholders with Ad Hoc analysis, data extracts, and preparation of business cases.
In this role, you will be responsible for gathering requirements, analysing requirements, creating functional specification by liaising between users and technical teams, design solutions and manage the development and deployment of resulting projects.
Preparing User Accepting Testing (UAT) scenarios that will provide input into test plans, test script preparation and also provide guidance to end users through the same process.
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis.
- Experience working in Financial Services/Investment environment.
- Background in Global Financial Markets, IT Systems development, ideally in applications.
- Working knowledge of common techniques, tools, and languages used for enterprise analysis and business modelling such as BPMN, UML, MS Project, and Visio
- Well versed with SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience writing SQL.
- A strong sense of personal ownership/responsibility for the work they analyse and manage.
- Client, Trade, Reference data knowledge.
- Good knowledge of technical architecture and functionality of applications used to support the business.
- A strong analytical and logical approach to systems design and development.
- Requirements Gathering and Analysis: Through usage of techniques such as process modelling, use cases, obtain, capture, validate and document business requirements to ensure completeness, relevance, and accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience in planning, preparing, and facilitating UAT test cycles, managing defects and issues to resolution.
- Can show deep knowledge and experience around the risk and controls within the financial industry.
- Should be aware of various regulatory acts like MiFID I, Dodd Frank, EMIR and how they impact financials.
- Broad product life-cycle knowledge and understanding of financial institution processes.
- Good communication and documentation skills in the English language.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search