Hybrid Working - Edinburgh (1-2 days a month)
Lorien's Banking client are currently looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join the expanding team on a permanent basis.
- This is an opportunity for a driven engineer to join and support the technical delivery software team.
- You'll be responsible for developing solutions, design options and explaining the pros and cons to key stakeholders for appropriate decision making.
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this innovative and challenging role.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll support a team of developers and set the technical direction of the deliveries, applying the principles and methodologies of software engineering to the technical design, development, testing, and maintenance of applications and services. As such, you'll build relationships across the platform, and domain, and with relevant cross-domain stakeholders.
- Supporting and monitoring the technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance and providing updates to stakeholders
- Supporting the team in the understanding of relevant software languages and technical domains
- Driving the adoption of software engineering principles, processes, and best practices
- Liaising with engineers, architects, business analysts and other key stakeholders to understand the objectives, requirements, and options
- Designing and developing high-volume, high-performance, and high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, you'll need a background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as experience in providing technical accountability.
We'll also look to you to have experience of test-driven development and the use of automated test frameworks, mocking, stubbing and unit testing tools, along with knowledge of the key phases of the software delivery life-cycle and established software development methodologies.
You'll also demonstrate:
- LDAP knowledge, PingDirectory, and Active Directory
- Identity and access management experience.
- Basic Unix
- DevOps experience
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted