Portfolio PMO Manager
6 month initial contract
- Large complex portfolio of work - c£25m - made up of 30-40 projects in flight at any one time, with a backlog of work that also needs managing.
- Focus is on a mix of projects including technology and security, many of which are "replace/maintain/comply" in nature - but they are often also critical enablers for business developments
- Challenging/demanding stakeholders - managing into your own department is often tricky.
- Experience managing a PMO team - currently 1.5x coordinators + 1 finance PMO - making sure that they feel well supported and are given a clear sense of direction/priorities
- Experience developing an embedded PMO - core elements are in place, but critical to - in conjunction with the Programme Manager - step back and review what services need to evolve and how.
- Providing portfolio assurance will be key - to allow the programme manager to step away from having to know all the detail, but have PMO able to highlight the areas that they need to dig into where there are risks/issues
- Core PMO skills required - need to be able to get stuck in as necessary - this is definitely on assignment / embedded PMO
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search