Engineering Manager - Manchester (Hybrid remote) - £70k - £75k + bonus and benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to play a role in the development of a an enterprise-grade digital platform, in a hands-off, leadership focused Engineering Management role.
Based in the centre of Manchester (2 days a week in office), this position is paying between £70k and £75k per annum, plus a 10% bonus. THE ROLE: Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will take ownership of one the teams in the company's Games work-stream and lead a cross-functional team of local and remote Software Developers and Test Engineers on the delivery of mobile apps. This is a people focused role so your interpersonal, management and leadership abilities are far more important than your technical skill.
- Lead a team of Software Developers and Test Engineers, running agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, planning, demos and retrospectives.
- Work with the Head of Engineering, Project Manager and Product Owner to ensure objectives are met with appropriate, fit for purpose solutions, delivered to agreed schedules.
- Take ownership of the team's technical deliverables from development to production, then supporting them once live.
- Foster a culture of innovation in the team and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the team is sized to meet the business needs, with the necessary skills and resources to deliver.
- Line manage Software Developers and Test Engineers, meeting regularly for 1-2-1s, mentor and support their personal development.
THE COMPANY: Processing 1000's of transactions per second and handling massive amounts of data on a scale similar to that of a stock exchange, this software company develops highly complex systems specifically for the sports betting industry.
Whilst they are owned by the world's largest independent bookmakers, providing them with extensive investment to innovate, drive advanced, creative technologies forward and to build unrivalled gaming experiences, they operate independently from the greater organisation with complete autonomy and maintain a strictly non-corporate culture. REQUIREMENTS:
- While this is primarily a hands-off role, it is essential you have an understanding modern software engineering and quality assurance best practice and are able to converse with Software Developers and Test Engineers of all levels.
- Experience of leading agile teams, managing and coaching team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Delivery focused, with the leadership skills to drive the team to succeed.
- Self-motivated, with excellent problem-solving skills and a drive for improvement.
- Experience of C#.NET development, either as team member or leader.
- Experience of building or supporting services on AWS.
- Worked with team members on career development.
- Been part of a recruitment panel (either as hiring team manager or participant).
- 10% Bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid remote working (2 days a week in office)
- Flexi-start (7am-10am)
- Death in service
- Employee discount scheme
- Car scheme - reduced prices on a variety of brand-new cars
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
Interested? Email Philip at Lorien Global
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search