We are looking for a Business Analyst who needs to understand the business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analysing and documenting outcomes / requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties. This will cover both continuous improvement and step change. The role is primarily focussed on the early part of the project life cycle though includes an element of assurance role through to project closure.
- Quickly understands the business, issues and challenges to develop a sound knowledge of the business area.
- Builds relationships with senior stakeholders and understand their business challenges to be able to drive out root requirements and shape feasible, pragmatic IT solutions that can deliver the desired business outcomes and contribute to the long term strategy at Heathrow
- Elicit and document outcomes / requirements using various techniques - interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with business during investigations. Takes responsibility for the proper conduct of such relations.
- Using required modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards work with business owners and IT to develop potential solutions through improvements in information systems, data management, practices, procedures, organisation and equipment.
- Working with the Technology delivery teams in producing the required outputs for the various decision gateways inc business cases.
- Assure that business requirements are being delivered and are traceable in design and test documentation.
- Providing the in house business analysis knowledge continuity / body of knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business outcomes & requirements
- Strong stakeholder & relationship management skills, tactful diplomat, assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings and a team player working across multiple virtual teams
- Great communicators (oral, written and presentation) able to deliver difficult/sensitive information to a diverse group including: Executives, Managers, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Ability to respond to in a rapidly changing business environment and to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and to prioritise work accordingly.
- (Ideally) Professional BA qualification.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search