Head of IT Workplace Operations
6 month contract
Hybrid - on site & remote working
£700 per day, inside IR35
The Head of Service Operations is a strong and proactive leader with experience of driving excellent End User Compute services for the internal customers of Workplace Technology Services. This role is responsible for the setup and run of overall day-to-day service operations of all domains including Service Desk, Windows, Apple, Linux and Unified Comms.
The role is also responsible for delivery of enhancements, for incorporating new services into run operations without disruption. Service provision will be executed mainly by vendors and so this role requires proactive and efficient management and collaboration to achieve the overall service objectives. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- With a customer-first service driven mindset, own the day-to-day operation of services, ensuring they are delivered according to agreed SLAs and Experience level agreements (XLAs).
- Working with our Care Ambassadors to understand the experience and needs of customers, ensuring service delivery is aligned with excellence in customer experience, prioritising desired and agreed stakeholders' requirements.
- Ensuring service delivery has a "customer experience-first mindset" and is performed to agreed scope, levels of service and service factors such as availability, useability, and performance. The services must be resilient, secure and be delivered in compliance with agreed standards, methods, tools and processes.
- Understanding current and future work demands and planning and prioritising work to optimise service provision and meet all service obligations. Demand includes service requests, projects and anticipating support required to incidents, problems, changes and service improvement activities.
- Management of core suppliers engaged in service provision, with the support of procurement and legal services
- Understand key challenges and goals of each of the business areas and the role services play in supporting users and executives.
- Proactively anticipating and resolving key issues by continually being aware of service performance and real-time service status, key risks, issues, service challenges, changes and KPI performance.
- Ensure effective project and enhancement portfolio management by operating processes to capture requirements for new projects and enhancements and then managing the end-to-end project lifecycle. This includes providing project resource management, organising work with technical resources including with the supplier, executing the project phases and conducting service introduction activities to bring the new capabilities into service without disruption.
Person specification / Core Competencies:
- Possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with senior business stakeholders (Director and above).
- Deep understanding of workplace service technologies, IT service management and IT operations
- Possess a service excellence mindset, acting as an evangelist - always on top of service status and challenges, proactively leading the service. Always challenging yourself and team members on improving the service to end customers.
- Over 10 years' relevant experience in managing service operations delivery in a global organisation involving diverse geographically located teams, with excellent understanding of technical and organisational dependencies and a proven ability to deliver transformation and enhancements to the services we provide and experiences we deliver.
- Deep experience in workplace service technologies and service desk operations
- Strong experience of successfully driving improvement initiatives to transform service provision including use of automation and orchestration technologies
- Strong understanding of key service management, service operations, technical and security standards, methods and best practices including ITIL v3/4 and recognised IT security standards including ISO 27001
- Experience of key service management and operations toolsets such as ServiceNow
- Experience in end user device hardware and software asset management
- Experience in an IT Supplier Management or Vendor Management role
- A person with genuine passion for exceptional customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with using data to drive decision making and change behaviours
Are you interested? If so, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search