My client, a leading global provider of advanced analytics and technology solutions to the life sciences industry, are seeking a Big Data Engineer to join their growing business in London.
You will join a high-profile product engineering team to work on an artificial intelligence backed predictive analytics software solution, providing data driven insights into the impact and value of evidence and how to optimize evidence strategy. You will come with a depth of big data and data engineering experience and strong skills in spark and either scala or python.
Key experiences required include -
- A strong background in commercial software development and have experience in a Data Engineer role or similar.
- Strong familiarity with Big Data ecosystem (e.g. Spark/HDFS)
- Agile methodology such as Scrum and familiarity with software development practices such as Continuous Integration, Behaviour-Driven Development and DevOps.
- Commercial experience of data exploration, cleansing, and the processing of messy data and experience working with very large datasets in SQL databases.
- Experience developing in at least two of the following: Spark, Scala, Airflow, Python,
- Experience in developing scalable, efficient, and automated processes and data pipelines, in addition to diagnosing and debugging problems with existing structures.
- Experience working with a variety of data storage and processing technologies such ElasticSearch, Redis, Hadoop, Spark..
- Bonus points for working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, Azure and also container systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
If this sounds like a good fit for you please click through to apply!
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search