Senior Project Officer - Permanent Job - Remote with occasional travel to an office in Leeds
Are you a project officer with experience of working on implementation of change across digital solutions?
My client in the public sector is currently looking for a Senior Project Officer who can join their team on a permanent basis and lead on the delivery of allocated Digital and Information projects and work packages within a programme or project. You will also ensure that the delivery plans for digital and information solutions are delivered on time and to budget and ensuring that customer requirements are delivered.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Portfolio Management - Adhere to the agreed portfolio management approach and timetable and provide the appropriate information to agreed targets of timeliness and accuracy.
- Project Management/Leadership -The management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- Financial Management of IT - Assists with the definition and operation of effective financial control and decision making, especially in the areas of service, projects and component cost models and the allocation and apportionment of all incurred IT costs.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management - The coordination of relationships with and between key stakeholders, during the design, management and implementation of business change.
- Change implementation planning - The definition and management of the process for deploying and integrating IT capabilities into the business in a way that is sensitive to and fully compatible with business operations.
In order for this role to be suitable for you, you should possess the below:
- Experience of leading and motivating a team to achieve results (either direct management or matrix management).
- Experience of effective staff engagement resulting in service improvements.
- Ability to balance competing prioritise and using effective delegation techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of issues affecting the public sector.
- Experience of managing significant budgets, and ensuring that all income due is received.
If you have the skill-set and this sounds of interest, please apply NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search