My Public Sector client is looking for an experienced Lead Developer to join the team in a 6-month contract.
- Manage and develop a team of up to 10 members of staff, allocating workloads to achieve delivery targets
- Design and build modern browser-based UIs improving the digital experience for our internal and external customers.
- Providing technical leadership in UI development, testing, delivery best practices being cognisant of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1) ensuring all digital services has accessibility built in.
- Integrate front-end applications with backend web services, third-party platforms and tools as required. Providing technical input on the design and structure of all web applications, services, and API development.
- Lead dedicated projects to deliver Proof of Concepts and early Alpha/Beta products
- Coaching and mentoring the team, helping to develop less experienced members, while contributing to the overall growth of the team.
- Work with other technical experts as required, e.g., infrastructure, architecture, data engineers, service management to provide reliable, scalable products
- Keep abreast of technical, process and tooling development changes and recommend changes to working practices
- Contribute to the community helping to define architecture, design patterns and frameworks to support Digital Transformation and Delivery efforts.
Essential skills, competencies, relevant qualifications, and previous experience required
- Accomplished Java programmer with strong knowledge of Spring Boot, REST API development and a good understanding of Microservice architecture.
- Experience of version control systems, ideally Git with knowledge of common Agile techniques and concepts: User Stories, BDD/TDD, CI/CD, Automated Testing.
- Experience as a technical leader with strong communication skills, managing a development team working on multiple projects in parallel using Scrum and Kanban agile models.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted