6-month contractOutside IR35 Remote/Edinburgh/ GlasgowSenior Business Analyst
The role of Senior Business Analyst is based within Service Design. The Service Design department offers a range of capability to the organisation including User Experience researchers, Service Designers, Quant Analysts and Agile coaches. Service Design covers a broad remit in working to understand our customer needs and placing those at the heart of how we design and deliver our digital services, of how we organise our people and how we deliver operational processes. Our community is embedded as part of cross-functional delivery teams, operational and corporate business units, innovation centres and business change. This role will be based within the IT Enablement function supporting the organisations digital workplace service. The Senior BA will work in partnership with IT Enablement leaders and Service Design colleagues to improve the service delivery pipeline - deploying a range of business analysis methods, tools and techniques across the workflow.
Main outcomes & objectives
You will provide expert business analysis advice and knowledge and support the delivery of outcomes on the IT Service Team roadmap.
- Maintaining an audit trail of decisions, assumptions, and outstanding questions
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and tracking of business benefits
Requirement for business analyst services
- Collaborate with colleagues from IT Enablement to inform roadmap outcomes
- Identify new process and customer opportunities
- Support the IT Enablement Team Leads in both their tactical and strategic work to deliver solutions that work for customers and the organisation
- Collaborate with our business change teams to identify and help remove issues that may hinder the adoption of new processes or ways of working
- Support, participate and engage with IT EE suppliers
- Actively participate in the Register of Scotland Business Analysis practice sharing best practice techniques and domain progress
- Supporting junior staff with their development and upskilling
- Work with our communication and organisational design professionals to assist in helping to reduce the impact of change
- Be confident in engaging stakeholders and working with established governance forums such as the technical design authority
- Collaborate with Business Analysts from other domains, when required, on overlapping deliveries.
- Support any secondary activities as requested by the Head of Service Design.
Essential skills & experience
- Agile working You can identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes. You know how to help the team to decide the best approach. You can help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP), print and scope.
- Business analysis You can take responsibility for investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing and new services. You know how to drive the analysis and collection of information to create recommendations for service improvements. You can analyse large amounts of complex information and use it to produce solutions.
Desirable skills & experience
- A working knowledge of Business Canvas Modelling, Value Proposition Design or Wardley map techniques
- Experience with prioritisation techniques such as cost of delay or similar
- Experience mapping stakeholders, impact, processes, and land registration value streams
- Familiarity or working knowledge of digital standards in government
- An understanding of systems architectures in transition
- Familiarity with creation of conceptual wireframes
- Development of personas, customer journeys and service blueprints
- Use of Google's suite of web analytics software
- Writing of user stories and formal acceptance criteria
- Background in lean UX, six-sigma, system thinking approaches or similar
- Formal qualification with IIBA or similar body
- Experience of Service Now and Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of Scottish land registration processes
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search