Our leading UK banking client requires a Front End Web Developer to join the bank on a permanent basis.
This is an opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Front End Web Developer where you'll be working with new and innovative technology to deliver high impact solutions. You will be able to hone your existing software engineering skills and advance your career in this critical role.
Location: Working from home and 2 days per month in the Bristol office
What you'll do:
You'll apply widely agreed software engineering principles and methodologies to design, develop, test and maintain applications and services to achieve the stated business and technology goals within required budgets and timelines. We'll also look to you to oversee the quality of work, making sure that it meets the technical standards for all services output.
- Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs for use across the bank.
- Design and develop software that is amenable for a greater automation of build, release testing and deployment process on all environments.
- Drive the reuse and sharing of platform components and technologies within the software engineering teams.
- Deliver software components to enable the delivery of platforms, applications and services.
- Write unit and integration tests, in automated test environments to ensure code quality.
What you will need:
You should have knowledge of Angular (Angular 8), Typescript, Frameworks like RxJS, SaSS, Bootstrap, security concepts, and experience with REST services. You'll need a strong background in software engineering, software design or database design and architecture, as well as extensive experience of developing software in a SOA or micro-services paradigm. You should also have experience of using industry recognised frameworks and development tooling, and a background of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, availability and performance.
You'll also need:
- Extensive experience of test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools.
- Knowledge of the key phases of software delivery lifecycle and established software development methodologies.
- Experience of working in an environment where products must be delivered to specific timescales.
- An understanding of how to translate product and business requirements into technical solutions.
- The ability to understand and support, modify and maintain systems and code developed by other engineering teams.
If this sounds like a good match for your skills/experience, please apply with your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted