Unix Infrastructure Analyst
Lorien's Edinburgh based Banking client are currently looking for a highly skilled Unix Infrastructure Analyst to join the existing team on a permanent basis.
This role is Hybrid with 1-2 days a month on site in Edinburgh.
What You'll Do:
As a Unix Infrastructure Analyst, you'll be providing input to and supporting the team's activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical road-maps, while supporting change demands from domains or centres of excellence. You'll be supporting the delivery of a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms.
In addition, you'll be contributing to the delivery of customer outcomes, innovation and early learning by contributing to test products and services to identify early on if they are viable and deliver the desired outcomes.
Your Role Will Involve:
- Contributing to the platform risk culture, making sure that risks are discussed and understood at every step, and effectively collaborating to mitigate risk
- Contributing to the planning and execution of work within the platform and the timely servicing of feature development requests from cross platform initiatives, and supporting the delivery of regulatory reporting
- Participating and seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform infrastructure, architecture, services and customer solutions, guarding against introducing new complexity
- Building relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders
- Making sure that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX, to ensure full compliance to all our policies and regulatory obligations
The Skills You'll Need
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level. You'll need a solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Experience of Redhat operating system and ServiceNow -
- Experience of Puppet highly desirable but not essential as is Veritas Volume Manager / Cluster
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains - Veritas/Vmware/IAS.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
- An understanding of operational principles
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
If you have a passion for Unix and this role sounds of interest, please apply and I will call you to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted