Senior Scala Software Engineer - Remote (Leeds/London) £75k - £85k per annum
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the latest versions of Scala (2.13x, moving to 3.1.2), and manage and lead a team in an environment with a lot of autonomy.
Offering remote working with the rare visit to either their Leeds or London office, this position is paying between £75k and £85k per annum
The country's largest commercial broadcaster who holds one of the UK's leading digital portfolios, and is the primary competitor to Sky and the BBC.
You will be joining a team of developers who focus on the systems that handle the "supply chain" for all the broadcaster's digital content. These are composed of three main areas, Metadata, Assets and Content Acquisition and Planning.
Each of the teams work with a high degree of autonomy where key development decisions get made at team level.
- Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the existing portfolio of applications and services for content supply.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and product managers to design, test, and iterate on solutions as required by the business teams.
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities.
- Work with engineering managers to aid in the growth and development of the content supply engineering function into a high performing area of excellence.
- Ensuring applications are supported by comprehensive documentation, and provide input for other technical documents.
- 25 days annual leave - with the option to buy and sell
- Private Healthcare
- Annual Bonus
- Health cash back plan
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Gym membership discounts
- Extensive software development experience with at least 3 years having been with Scala
- Knowledge and experience of APIs, RESTful services and Microservice Architectures.
- Understanding of the value of continuous integration, continuous delivery and strives for a high level of automation.
- Good delegation and time management skills.
- Experience working with Agile development processes.
- Knowledge of testing techniques and strategies.
- Experience or interest in Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code
Interested? Contact Philip Boltt at Lorien Global
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search