Data Manager / MI Manager / BI Manager
Lorien's client a leading data technology driven business is going through a very exciting period of growth due to several new client wins they are looking for a Data Transformation Manager to join them on a permanent basis in Glasgow. This role will be on a hybrid working model of 2 days in the office required.
Our client are looking for the ideal candidate to report management information to the Account Director whilst also leading the daily management of the team of around 7 in size. You will also expect to effectively deliver improvements to reporting through automation and standardisation of reporting processes whilst providing cost-effective data delivery.
- Delivering value across a multitude of areas in the business through detailed reporting whilst leading the Management Information team.
- Producing specific reporting solutions that utilises the teams daily tasks which improves purchasing factors.
- Take control of all areas of system-based reporting and deliver specific report that will improve the efficiency within the team especially in regards to delegations.
- Proactive in identifying progresses within the system structure and speaking with our clients / stakeholders to make these changes take effect.
- Communicate effectively within the different departments to drive these changes.
- Take lead on the migration from Excel to Power BI and other advance reporting software.
- Lead data security in line with the GDPR guidelines.
- Rolling out a state of the art data strategy and architecture within the company whilst creating and showing the new system throughout the departments effectively in line with business changes.
- Implementing the technical services to deliver ETL services to the business.
- Recognised Project Management qualification (Prince2, APM), or experience of managing projects
- Extensive knowledge of systems, data and reporting analysis.
- Proven track record of business analysis and delivering value-add reporting.
- Understanding of report builder technology; utilising various systems, including Cognos, PowerBI, MS Access, SQL Server Self-Service Reporting Services, MS Excel & Verisae-bespoke reporting systems
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and assess the validity and relevance of information in order to draw appropriate conclusions and make necessary recommendations.
- Successfully developing and delivering database/ datamart/ datalake based projects.
- Utilising cloud-based data service; ideally Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Delivering SQL Server and MySQL based projects
- Developing and delivering ETL processes, ideally utilising Azure Data Factory.
- A proven track record of delivering data strategy, data governance, operational data processes and MI/ reporting / Business Intelligence and analytics.
- Managing a team in developing SQL, reports and BI dashboards.
- Thorough knowledge of developing OLAP and OLTP based reporting solution
Our client is offering a competitive package alongside excellent benefits package that includes a car allowance, bonus, pension and excellent training budget. If you feel you fit the above specifications, please submit your application for review or call for confidential discussion.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search