Machine Learning Engineer (outside IR35)
London (Approx. 1 day per week in the office and the rest from home)
Betting and Gaming Industry
ML Engineer / Data Engineer to work in the data management department. This is a critical role for the Econometrics and Data Science given the hire is responsible for the creation of maintenance of the core data sources used to power the analytics of these two functions.
As an experienced ML Engineer/Data Engineer you will be building and maintaining DataMart's, tools, and front end and back end process using a cloud-based platform that will be used to power the insight from a specialist in-house Econometrics team. You will diagnose any technical faults on associated data platforms, whilst putting automated processes in place for continual data feeds as my client look to ramp up speed of delivery.
If you have a keen eye for detail, are open to broadening your statistical knowledge, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment then this role is for you.
- Owning the relationship with Data Architecture and the Econometrics team relating to requirements and best practice approach to structuring data assets required to provide the most robust insight.
- Improving and automating existing processes, as well extensive data quality QA across numerous large and complex data sources and transformations.
- Documentation of all process and implementations to allow for auditing and posterity as well as experience in writing well designed, testable, efficient code which follows good coding standards.
- Diagnosing technical faults on big data platform services which are bit on numerous platforms like AWS, Snowflake, & Databricks to name a few.
Education & Experience:
- Essential: a numerate or data related degree/qualification with substantial commercial experience in a similar role.
- Essential: an advanced level of using an array of coding languages like SQL, R, Python, as well as Excel and Power BI.
- Essential: driving improvements in KPI's (code quality, defects, performance, and resilience).
- Essential: the ability to understand complex data structures and systems but also be able to communicate in a simple concise manner to a non-technical audience.
- A knowledge of JIRA, or other project management tools would be an advantage.
- Desirable: familiarity of Gaming and Gambling and typical nuances of data and structures that are part and parcel of the industry.
- Desirable: experience in supporting statistical teams in data delivery as well as any exposure to statistics and or Econometrics.
To find out more please apply today!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search