Software Engineering Manager
Manchester City Centre (Hybrid remote), £80K - £85k + Equity + 10% bonus and private health careAn excellent opportunity for a people-focused Software Engineering Manager to join one of the worlds largest e-Commerce and digital platform companies. THE COMPANY: A global e-commerce merchandise and technology company with over 9000 employees spread across 40 offices across the world, boasting an incredible customer base over 80 million and exclusive licences with the likes of Nike, Nascar and the NFL.
THE ROLE: Ideally suited to a people focused individual, the purpose of this role is to build, run and improve a team of talented software engineers to deliver software systems, features and tools which enable the smooth running of the business, platforms and operations. This will involve the full life cycle of applications from gathering/understanding requirements, analysis, design, development through testing, deployment and monitoring; maintaining the stability of the platform whilst delivering business value. Daily tasks to include:
- Working with product and other partners to define, priorities and breakdown high level requirements into deliverable user stories based around the value delivered.
- Fostering a strong team unit who work together to deliver.
- Coaching individuals and the team on lean/agile practices and the value mindset.
- Working with others to define technical road map and design/architect large scale solutions to fit within this.
- Guiding the team in the development of new feature sets, solving of problems, improving the functionality of the products, systems, and platforms.
- Support and grow existing talent to get the best out of people.
- Support existing solutions through complex problems solving and stakeholder management.
- Manage risk using appropriate techniques to ensure delivery whilst maintain stability of the platform.
- Work with product to manage stake holders and ensure delivery.
- Passionate about developing and hiring talented engineers.
- Constantly assessing where value can be delivered and what will make us stronger tomorrow.
- Likes to work in a collaborative way to engage those around them and avoid becoming a bottleneck.
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers, managers and both internal and external customers.
- A good communicator and comfortable acting as figurehead and liaison with external partners.
- Keen interest in improving themselves and others around them; treats learning as a priority not an afterthought.
- A good understanding of agile development processes (Lean/SCRUM/Kanban) and how to coach them.
- Experienced in using continuous delivery and other related practices to maximise delivery whilst reducing risk.
- Comfortable with techniques and principles such as TDD, BDD, Clean Code and SOLID, Design Patterns.
- Ability to design systems at a high level and take this all the way to delivery.
- Some experience of cloud technologies (AWS preferable), CI/CD tools and automated testing.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers and managing the people within it.
- Ability to coach others to increase skills (both technical and not).
- Background in overseeing delivery of projects with a team of engineers.
- Any experience of operating 24x7 operational systems and maintaining up time would be an advantage
Curious? Contact Philip Boltt at Lorien Global
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted