Infrastructure Delivery Lead - (Remote/Edinburgh Hybrid) - Circa 50K plus bonuses
Having placed a number of people into this team ourselves, Lorien's client, the UK's leader in its domain with a strong reputation and a following of tens of thousands of members, has asked us to help them in their searches for a Tech Delivery Lead to join and guide their team on a permanent basis, contribute heavily towards the ongoing technical modernisation of the business, and work closely with their great Head of Operations to do so.
Though based in central Edinburgh (fantastic new office too!) with plenty of transport links to their front door, they're more than happy with you working remotely with the occasional trip in, or in a hybrid model if you'd prefer (there will always be a desk with your name on it).
Before we go into the finer details, here's an insight as to what you can expect in return for your efforts:
- Great remote or hybrid working arrangements depending on *your* preferences
- Strong remuneration package as well as great bonuses on top
- Generous holiday allowance
- Plenty of opportunities to upskill as you work
- A successful, growing team of like-minded and technically brilliant people to work with, and a lot more!
Snapshot of the duties involved:
- Take ownership of the company's IT and innovation team and work with network users to troubleshoot and solve issues
- Administration of various network devices and identification and replacement of faulty hardware components
- Overseeing the daily activities of the Network & Server Infrastructure function
- Ensuring the organisation's IT infrastructure aligns well with business requirements and objectives
- Managing budgets, forecast and enforcing cost-effectiveness across the board
- Risk assessment and ensuring network recovery and backup processes are in place
- Testing, troubleshooting & adapting relevant systems to operate effectively
- Ensuring network and data security
And here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Solid background in the Networking / Infrastructure domain
- Previous record of line management and the ability to train and motivate less senior personnel
- Ability to liaise with individuals including internal stakeholders at all levels
- Skills across as much of the following as possible: Systems, Security, Network and Systems Administration, Databases, Storage, Phone Systems, Cloud Technologies (ideally Azure), IT service management (Jira), IT Automation, CRM systems management (D365, M365 Backups), Firewalls (ideally Checkpoint)
- Ideally certified across Azure, Project Management (Agile / Prince2) or ITIL v3/4
- Ability to learn as you go and pick up new skills / technologies along the way while encouraging others to do so
If you're up to the challenge, and like the idea of joining an organisation with a great track record of looking after their staff who offer remote or hybrid working depending on your preference, apply now with your latest CV for immediate consideration!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age