Our client is looking for a highly skilled Risk Assurance Consultant to join their team for a 6 months initial contract.
- Support implementation of an effective Risk Management Framework to identify, measure, monitor and manage the risks to which the Group and its customers are exposed, taking into account individual and aggregate exposures and dependencies
- As relevant, in conjunction with relevant Head of Risk, provide leadership to own team to effectively carry out its responsibilities and to deliver its activities in line with the annual Group Risk Mission, Mandate & Plan.
- Support and, as relevant, lead delivery of respective team's responsibilities under the Group Risk Annual Plan, to fulfil the Group Risk Mission and Mandate.
- Support reporting to the Board and management committees on the key risks to the Group, the effectiveness of the Risk Management Framework, exposures against appetite and appropriateness of actions taken to manage exposures and breaches
- Develop team (as relevant), including delivering manager-led aspects of the Annual People Plan.
- Influence key stakeholders across the Group and externally to drive positive risk outcomes and gain buy-in on risk management initiatives.
- Provide advice, independent opinion and assurance in alignment with the Group Risk's Mission to promote informed decision making and controlled risk-taking that improves customer outcomes and delivers long term value for shareholders.
- Organise and facilitate workshops and training sessions to promote a clear and consistent understanding of risk and to promote discussion on risk issues and possible solutions within specific business areas.
- Building close working relationships, gaining credibility and an appropriate level of influence in business areas.
- Managing a variety of Risk Management related tasks and activities concurrently with minimal support, meeting expectations on agreed deliverables and timescales.
- Continuously developing and maintaining technical knowledge and applying this in conjunction with business awareness in order to provide review, challenge and consultancy.
- Expressing technical information in plain language for stakeholders with a range of technical knowledge.
- As relevant, plans and manages workloads and deliverables of team in line with time, cost and quality targets.
- As relevant, leads team to deliver relevant advice, independent opinion and assurance to the business in alignment with the Risk function's Mission, Mandate & Plan.
If interested, please submit your cv.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted