PL/SQL Developer Lorien's leading financial services client are looking for a PL/SQL Developer to join their ALPHA Development team in ALPHA+ to create and maintain quality application software to support business processes. This role is on a hybrid working model of 2 days per week in the offices with their offices based in Telford. You will be joining them on a permanent basis and be part of their next key phase growth strategy. The Role:
- Working with the Pod Leads, define the detailed design for changes to Alpha batch code and data services, in line with the defined analysis of requirements;
- Produce the detailed designs and test documentation as appropriate.
- Support the design to the relevant governance bodies for review and approval.
- Develop code to agreed standards on required PLSQL platform.
- Carry out appropriate levels of unit and integration testing and ensure that appropriate testing artefacts are produced and maintained.
- Provide handover documentation and knowledge transfer to other teams to enable them to provide level 3 and 4 support for the production applications.
- Adhere to and provide evidence to support relevant IT General Controls (ITGCs) .
- Provide guidance and oversight to minimise technical risk and business risk arising from technology and technical solutions. Undertake design and code reviews.
- Ensure that all deliverables are developed to agreed and appropriate time, budget and quality.
- Use of a variety of diagnostic techniques to understand a situation/issue/problem by breaking it down and tracing the root cause/underlying implications in a methodical step-by-step way.
- Clearly and effectively communicates information, ideas, plans, requests and opinions to internal and external stakeholders through a range of channels including written and oral. Ensures alignment with communication guidelines and policies.
- Applies a systematic approach to help optimise business activities and processes to support the strategic objectives of the organisation. Includes significant process transformation activities as part of continuous change programmes.
- Ability to generate and implement creative solutions and novel ways to achieve goals.
- Organises, prioritises and, where applicable, delegates work activities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives. Includes the principles of time management and multi-tasking.
- Interprets and influences both the external and internal environments by creating positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
In return Our client is offering a fantastic basic salary alongside a highly competitive benefits package. The company pride themselves on their HealthCare Cash plan and PERKS whilst also providing an impressive 12% employer pension contribution and company wide bonus. If you're looking to develop your career as a PL/SQL Developer, add value to the team and work with the latest cutting-edge technology we want to hear from you. Please send a copy of your latest CV ASAP or call for a confidential discussion!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted