Service Desk SupportLivingston, ScotlandHybrid model or on-site £24-28k depending on experienceOur client is looking for multiple Service Desk Technicians to join their Service Desk Team to provide support to their corporate, retail and government clients. You will require a keen interest in the Audio-Visual industry and a technical skillset that can be built upon. A large part of the role will be to qualify faults, carry out remote support via phone, remote access and assist the team to decide the best action to progress and resolve the issue. Role & Responsibilities
- The first point of call when an incident is raised.
- Logging faults on our service platforms.
- Proactive response to colleagues and clients.
- Categorise requests so that they can be progressed in the correct manner.
- Understand the contractual and service level agreements (SLA) of individual clients.
- Explain faults and diagnostics to the client in a way they can understand, and what Kinly can do to resolve the fault.
- Manage client expectations.
- Use your technical ability to resolve faults with the client.
- Identify when a fault requires escalating to 2nd, 3rd Line or a Field Service Engineer.
- Communicate identified faults effectively to our service desk colleagues.
- Obtaining required technical information to support the qualification and remediation of the fault where possible
- Document and update all diagnostics and technical support carried out on any given fault/issue onto the ticketing system.
- Where applicable liaise with manufacturers or distributor support channels to help resolve faults.
- Support other engineering teams as and when required.
- Assist in the creation of knowledge Base articles to support workflow optimisation and knowledge share.
- Assist with training of members to up skill the team.
- Offer support and guidance to fellow support desk technicians.
- Deal with and resolve technical issues to the best of your ability
- Positive attitude.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Able to be self-motived and work under pressure, often to deadlines.
- Keen and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem Solver.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Proven experience in being able to prioritize.
Desirable Technical Skills Possessing all of the following skills would be advantageous for the role however if you possess just some of the below skills then please proceed send in your application for review as there will be support and training set up to learn skill gaps so candidates will be considered at various levels of experience.
- Previous experience of corporate Audio-Visual systems at a technical level would be preferable
- Ability to read and understand Audio Visual system schematics
- Be knowledgeable in both digital and analogue audio/video signals. For example, HDMI, Display Port, Component and Composite. Also, the differences with Balanced and Unbalanced audio signal and their associated wiring along network audio systems like Dante and AVB.
- Strong knowledge of control system fault finding.
- Experience of control system programming from leading manufacturers is preferred. Ability to debug control system programs using manufacturer software applications.
- Configuration and fault finding of Digital Sound Processors such as Q-Sys, Biamp and ClearOne.
- Support of IPTV systems and Digital Signage systems from OneLan, Tripleplay, Exterity and MediaStar.
- Experience with Unified Comms and Video Conferencing systems such as Pexip, Cisco, Polycom, Microsoft and Zoom.
- Good working understanding of IT and Networking
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted