Data Analysis Technical Lead Permanent Role £competitive + Great Benefits Telford - Hybrid work (1 day a week in office) Our client, a large financial services company, is currently looking for a Technical POD Lead to join their Data Analysis Team As a Technical Lead you will lead a sub team (POD) of Analysts in designing and implementing solutions from change activity which may include production of Data & Mailing Extracts, Workaround Specification and Data Fixes You will be responsible for the QPP elements for the POD. Ensuring all deliverables are met to agreed timescales with appropriate time and quality by also providing technical coaching and appropriate sign off
- Work with the wider project team, e.g. Project Managers, Project leads/Co-coordinators in the effective delivery of solutions
- Mentor and support POD members assigned projects so they meet their objectives
- Work collaboratively with other teams to understand business and customer needs.
- Interact and negotiate with stakeholders to achieve mutually agreeable results
- Carry out appropriate levels of review and quality assurance
- Provides motivational leadership across the POD to ensure the effective delivery of change tasks
- Performance management activities (121's reviews) are undertaken to the required timeline
- To act as a technical authority to the POD on ensuring best practice analysis techniques are used and shared
- To support the team on how to approach project deliveries to meet expected delivery dates.
- To coach the team on technical knowledge needed to conduct their role.
- To provide a supported route to competence through knowledge management and training mechanisms.
- To share best practice within the team and highlight successes and failures to Manager.
- To develop processes and practices within the team to enhance team's capability and governance framework
- To assist in documenting the teams controls and competence framework.
- Provide sign offs and approvals in line with team competency framework.
- To represent Data Analysis in project delivery meetings as required delivering technical updates.
- Escalate risks and issues to line management in a timely manner and assist with implementation of solution.
- To feed into the Data Analysis leadership team.
What We're Looking For
- At least 2 years' relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience of coaching/supporting team members on complex analysis.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team/project/group
- Good knowledge and experience of using Excel and/or SQL
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent, or demonstrable equivalent business experience.
- Ideally holds CII qualifications (LF1, CF1, FA1 and FA2)
- Financial services experience would be beneficial
What We Offer
We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search