Senior Research Operations Specialist
We're looking for a Senior Research Operations Specialist who is able to support our large team of user researchers by standardising and optimising research processes, activities and outputs. Working closely with the User Research Leads and the Design Ops team they will help to build the Research Operations function within the organisation.
As this is a new role to within the client's organisation, we are looking for someone who can help to define how Research Operations can work in and advocate for this role within the organisation.
In the first 6 months we would expect you to:
- Deliver the research ops service to our team and begin to refine it based on their feedback.
- Create and manage a research library to store and retrieve research outputs and associated research materials.
- Create and maintain a taxonomy that can be used for all research on the project.
- Actively seek out inefficiencies for our team (processes, tooling) and work to propose and implement solutions that will help the team to work more efficiently and effectively.
- Create standardised templates and processes across the research team.
- Develop processes to co-ordinate our relationships with external organisations, ensuring that we record and track who we have spoken to.
- Develop and share knowledge management best practices within the research community.
- Working with the wider User Research Team to schedule research sessions.
- Refine our processes for gathering and storing consent, ethics and research data and ensure that these processes remain compliant with legal and data privacy.
In the future we would like you to:
- Scale, iterate and socialise the research library.
- Identify new tooling opportunities.
- Work with cross government teams to share insights and processes.
- Advocate and grow the research ops discipline in the Social Security Directorate and the Scottish Government.
- On-board, mentor and coach colleagues to out defined research processes.
- Develop and share knowledge management best practices beyond the research community.
- Deliver workshops and training sessions highlighting the features of the research library.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search