Exciting opportunity for a Mid level/Senior and Lead .NET Software Engineer needed for a huge UK retailer.Senior Software Engineer. 30 engineering platforms operating at hyper-scale receiving thousands of requests per second, and as a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work as part of strong cross functional Agile teams driving quality and technology, bringing your skills and experience to share with the team and mentor the other engineers' day to day. From problem solving to new concept ideas, you have the genuine opportunity to unleash your full potential and creativity on a variety of software projects.
What the teams are using:
- Latest versions of .NET (C#)
- Azure DevOps to manage work items and CI/CD pipelines
- Microsoft Azure to host our service infrastructure across multiple regions
- Infrastructure as code tools to ensure our infrastructure is defined in a declarative manner
- Software Craftsmanship to drive our behaviours and technical practices (XP)
- SRE practices to improve how we operate services
- Scrum & Kanban as our frameworks to deliver our products
What your day looks like:
- Work as part of an enthusiastic and motivated agile development team that takes pride in delivering high-quality software into production
- Frequently delivering new features that delight millions of customers across the globe
- Ensuring our services are simple to operate with the goal of minimising the impact of any incidents to our customers
- Ensuring our services can scale to cater for sales events such as our Flash Sales and Black Friday that can process over a million orders an hour
- Writing high-quality code using a test-first approach
- Working in a high-trust, cross-functional team to deliver software and learn from one another
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve our products and ways of working
- Contribute to our engineering community to improve software
- Participate in community sessions such as brown-bags, hackathons, to learn and share your knowledge with the aim of driving engineering improvements and innovation
What you'll need:
- A desire to create simple and maintainable solutions that are aligned to modern engineering patterns and practices
- A passion for coaching and mentoring other engineers
- In depth, hands-on experience of automated testing practices e.g., TDD/ATDD/BDD
- Able to design and implement cloud-native distributed systems that leverage RESTful APIs, messaging and streaming
- Proven experience in Agile and XP methodologies (Scrum, pair-programming)
- Experience of operating microservices in a production environment
- Able to define continuous delivery pipelines to ensure software can be delivered reliably & efficiently to production
- Good knowledge of at least one cloud provider e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP
What's in it for you?
- A truly unique and agile working environment where you'll be surrounded by a diverse range of passionate experts, with two common interests: technology & innovation
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
- A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
- Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
- 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
- Free modern onsite gym
- Huge staff discounts and sample sales
- Plus, much more...
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search