Lead DevOps Engineer - Belfast (fully remote) Role Description: We're seeking an experienced, self-motivated, passionate, highly productive Lead DevOps Engineer to join our elite Engineering Team. As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be a key technical member of a passionate team working on primary support of our Azure Kubernetes cloud platform. You would be expected to work with our Architecture and Development teams to migrate, modernise and automate containerised solutions and best practices on an Azure Kubernetes cloud platform. You would help shape the CI/CD pipeline, configuration, and environments. Our engineers are expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects. This hands-on role will require a self-motivated person who is passionate about CI/CD automation, blue-green deployments, high automation work flows, and looks to take our platform to the next level.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a DevOps engineer supporting development teams in a high availability cloud environment e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes Cluster operations including Istio, Helm, and monitoring tools (e.g., Splunk, Prometheus Dynatrace).
- Strong Kubernetes debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of Docker.
- Strong knowledge of Linux.
- Strong scripting skills in one or any combination of bash, PowerShell etc.
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools (such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with Git.
- Strong knowledge on software CI tools like Azure Pipelines, Team City etc.
- Experience of leading teams and mentoring both junior engineers and peers.
- Experience with working in a globally distributed team.
- Understanding of the Agile SDLC.
- Software engineering development experience.
- Experience of Microsoft Azure (Azure SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure Automation, Azure AD).
- Understanding of Web-environments based on .Net and Java technology stacks.
- Experience with NGINX Ingress Controllers.
- Knowledge of Layer 4 and Layer 7 networking protocols.
- Knowledge of DevSecOps best practices.
- Knowledge of system level programming languages e.g. Go, Rust etc.
- Lead the support of a multi-tenant Kubernetes cluster - to global standards.
- Support our software delivery automation (CI/CD) via Helm to K8s environments.
- Work alongside multiple key stakeholders to define and run on a system roadmap that ensures adherence to technical, operational, and business requirements.
- Assist development and support teams to ensure issues are dealt with in a professional and timely manner.
- Strategically identify new tools, processes, and techniques for increasing quality and eliminating waste within existing practices.
- Write operational documentation and knowledge base of known issues with solutions.
- Work and interact closely with development teams for cross-cutting task coordination providing clarification/knowledge transfer, implementation support and problem solving.
- Participation in deployment processes across all environments, including Production.
- Coach/mentor DevOps Engineer(s) in support of DevOps goals and objectives.
- Continuously improve and refine deployment/updates of instances on Azure using an automate everything mindset.
- Develop and maintain Terraform infrastructure as code with an engineering mindset.
- Assist with the improvement of our security patching and compliance strategy for cloud solutions.
- Good written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills including change management documentation, ability to communicate among technical and non-technical employees, and process orientation skills.
- A customer driven approach and good customer management skills.
- Effective time management skills; able to set prioritised and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Well organised and disciplined with regards policy, procedure, and standards.
- Ability to report and work accurately and according to agreed timelines.
- Ability to identify problems, root causes and apply solutions proactively.
- The ideal candidate must be pro-active and self-motivated to achieve operational excellence and has the aptitude to increase technical breadth.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search