Senior Business Development Manager
Salary: up to £65K base
Our client is a global leading social research, evaluation, and advisory agencies. They provide evidence and insight for public policy and programmes. They are undergoing a period of growth and transformation and are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team.
You will have a proven track record of working with business development. Knowledge of public sector procurement and social research is a must.You will be able to demonstrate and have a good understanding of proposal writing and pitches.
You will be working with teams across the business, you will coordinate new business activities across the organisation, oversee the administration of our opportunities pipeline system, and support and shape winning bids.
This role involves several critical responsibilities and activities that contribute to business development performance and growth. These responsibilities can be broken into three categories: systems and processes; culture and skills; proposal and pitches
Systems and Processes:
- Organise twice weekly business development opportunity review meetings of senior leaders, and associated record keeping and systems
- Be the lead for the long-term prospects meeting with senior leaders and associates
- Support the leadership team with maintaining the relationships with clients
Culture and Skills
- Create training and guidance materials, and to organise and deliver training sessions
- Be the lead for creating communications updates for staff
- Create regular communication updates for staff
- Knowledge of best practice sales processes such as Shipley would be a bonus
Proposals and pitches
- Support bid teams to collaborate around shared goals, with clear roles and responsibilities, and documented processes and timings.
- As their client encounter so many opportunities, you will focus on directly supporting the major bids making sure key meetings, process are scheduled and delivered
- Coordinate long-term bid preparation processes, supporting the business to identify targets, meet regularly to discuss priorities and pursue actions, and ultimately to win
- Review draft submissions of bids and provide advice.
If you believe you have the desired skills and experience, please follow the link to apply and attach a copy of your latest CV. If successful, a consultant will be in touch to discuss in more detail.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted