Head of Finance - Hybrid Working - Outside IR35
Our client in the Insurance sector are currently looking to hire an experienced Head of Finance on an Outside IR35 contract basis. This would be a hybrid working role, with the client site based in Cheltenham.
You will play a key role in developing and influencing the medium and long term business strategy. Providing strategic partnership to the Senior Leadership Team to maximise financial performance and delivery of corporate growth objectives.
- To control, manage and improve all aspects of Finance.
- To play an active role in the development of business strategy as part of the Senior Leadership team providing input into strategic planning and corporate goal setting.
- To lead and develop the short, medium and long term Financial Plans in line with business strategy.
- Contribute proactively as part of the senior leadership team (SLT) by preparing and providing strategic input to meetings, supporting colleagues, and constructively challenging.
- Combining business, market and professional financial knowledge with a high level of commercial acumen to propose and deliver changes to maximise shareholder value.
- To meet all financial statutory and regulatory requirements and delivering actions to the highest standards.
- To challenge, set, monitor and optimise expenditure.
- Manage treasury to maximise investment returns and ensure healthy cashflows
- To actively identify and deliver the MI requirements at all levels of management
Key performance indicators:
- Regular contact and strong relationships with SLT members
- High quality information and financial modelling, free from material errors
- Delivery of short term financial objectives, and company strategic objectives
- Resources balanced against budgets with efficiency gains from optimising Income per FTE.
- Positive engagement, support and collaboration across UK Group resulting in aligned cross sell strategy and transversal projects supporting market positioning.
Skills & Experience required:
- Degree Qualified to a 2:1 standard or above (or equivalent) in relevant degree.
- ACCA or CIMA qualified with extensive experience
- Excellent understanding of the commercial, regulatory and compliance environment in which an insurance broker operates.
- Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles under which the client operate
- Excellent problem solving and strategic ability, ideally gained in a busy professional environment
- Ability to consume complex information and translate and use to develop ideas and solutions
- High level of competency with numerical and financial information
- Good written communication including the ability to write letters, presentations, reports and business cases
If this role would be a good fit for your skills and experience, please apply!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search