Network Specialist - CISCO - Inside IR35 - Kilmarnock
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Network Specialist to work for a large Public Sector organisation in Kilmarnock. You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of the organisations network and Network Security Infrastructure & Unified Comms ensuring that all components are working optimally and patched as appropriate. This will include: switches, firewalls, routers and Unified Communication platforms for video and voice.
- Technology training in IT, preferably in Network Technologies & Unified Communications Support / Design.
- This would be evidenced by courses completed such as Cisco Certified Network Associate, or CCNA Routing and Switching or CCNA Security.
- Significant experience of working in the Networking Support / Design fields, including knowledge and experience of network security and security controls.
- Sound knowledge and experience of using Information & Communications Technology solutions as well as a detailed knowledge of Cisco architecture and integration.
- Experienced in using operating systems such as Windows and Unix / Linux and a working knowledge of integrated and non-integrated Unified Communications systems.
- Advanced networking understanding and skills; including firewalls, Security and VoIP/Video.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of key business stakeholders for areas that they have responsibility for and vary communication style to suit the needs of the audience to ensure a mutual understanding, particularly in relation to technical concepts.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot and work independently to resolve customer issues.
- Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance and support to a range of internal and external organisational stakeholders when resolving technical conferencing issues.
- Evidence of your ability to effectively and efficiently identify and analyse problems, produce credible solutions, using your initiative, judgement and discretion to make balanced decisions which take account of risks and are appropriate and timely.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search