Data Privacy Consultant, mostly remote working
Salary: 60-80k depending on experience
We are working with one of the most exciting Cyber Security services, who deliver complex security projects to a varied cliental profile across clients across Financial Services, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Government, Critical National Infrastructure and more.
They have seen extensive growth over the past few years and as such we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about Data Privacy and are keen to continue to develop and grow. You are a client facing Data Privacy professional, with extensive experience delivering interesting projects and delivering and maintaining client relationships at a senior level. You will have a broad range of expertise across Data Privacy and be able to articulate, sell and deliver different propositions to target markets.
What you'll be doing
Work would include the delivery of client engagements to a high level, implementing Data Privacy frameworks aligned to legal requirements and standards, such as ISO27701 and NIST Privacy Risk Assessment Methodology. You'll work with the leadership and sales team to respond to tenders and provide pre-sales support, work towards building and managing high performing team of Senior Consultants, Consultants and Junior Consultants, and be responsible for the recruitment of team members and assisting with resource planning. Alongside this, you'll Quality Assure other consultants work and input into the development of the firm's Data Privacy methodologies.
What we're looking for
- professional experience and expert technical knowledge of relevant UK, European and global data protection laws and regulations, such as GDPR, PECR and UK DPA.
- Relevant certifications such as CIPP/E, CIPM, CIPT, Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (PDP or equivalent). Willing to travel and work on customer sites across the UK.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Previous experience in line managing team members and mentoring colleagues.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems, and applying data protection in a practical context.
- Practical experience of applying expert domain knowledge across a number of delivery scenarios, including but not limited to, data mapping, responding to data subject requests, managing personal data breaches, undertaking Data Protection Impact Assessments, undertaking privacy audits and gap analysis and conducting contract reviews.
- Practical experience of developing, maintaining, and implementing Data Privacy Frameworks in a variety of organisations including during times of large-scale transformation.
- Practical experience of applying a range of risk management approaches, conducting risk assessments and being able to articulate risk effectively.
- Practical experience of providing independent support and advice on a wide variety of privacy issues
- Experience in operating in the role of Data Protection Officer, including liaising with regulators, such as the Information Commissioners' Office.
- Knowledge international privacy law and experience implementing appropriate international safeguards.
- An accomplished communicator with the ability and confidence to present complex issues and influence decisions at all levels within an organisation with excellent analytical, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
Other nice to haves would include experience of:
- Previous work experience with regulators or industry bodies
- Previous experience having worked for or with both Processors and Controllers
- Working in multiple industries or sectors
- Presenting at industry events
- Developing solutions to address client security requirements
- Supporting business development opportunities, proposal development and presentations.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working (around core office hours)
- Profit Share Scheme
- Employee Shareholder Scheme
- Dedicated Training Budget
- Home Office Equipment
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare (incl. Gym discounts)
If you think this role is for you please click below to apply!
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search