6 month contract
£550 per day, inside IR35
Central London - hybrid 2/3 days per week
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business areas under the team's remit to ensure that monthly financial reporting is fully analysed and understood.
- Provide key assistance in the business planning process; assisting BP Managers to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the business plan, contributing to packs and commentaries to explain movements and supporting a full review of the numbers ahead of submission to Global Risk Solutions.
- Assist in pulling together MD&A and MOR commentary.
- Support in collecting and reviewing business inputs for Plan and ensuring that they understand the full P&L (albeit many aspects will be collected and input into planning tool centrally - reinsurance contracts, loss ratios, expenses, etc).
- Present and clearly explain financial analysis to senior stakeholders, often within very tight timescales;
- To contribute to the day to day delivery of the month end Pillar reporting processes in accordance with the agreed timetable;
- Provide assistance with monthly reporting as required, including supporting the development and delivery of finance management information;
- Contribute to the provision of in-depth analysis of the Pillar's results on a regular monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as well as on an ad hoc basis as required;
- Work with the team to review all areas of US GAAP plan/forecast with the aim of ensuring it is complete and as robust as possible from the "ground up". Scope to include technical account and other profit and loss components, as well as non P&L areas (i.e. balance sheet and cash flow), and including review of calendarisation and balances/transactions with affiliates
- Assist in the preparation of financial plan exhibits for communication to senior management.
- Support with analysis on ad hoc tasks, projects and other initiatives.
Skills and Experience
- ACA/ CIMA/ACCA qualified and or relevant qualification, part qualified with relevant work experience.
- Highly analytical approach to work to complete detailed analysis with structured, robust approach to data manipulation, interpretation and present findings in a clear and simple manner.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and forge good relationships throughout all levels of the organisation and across functions.
- Possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work and build effective relationships at different organisational levels to ensure effective teamwork across finance and other functions.
- Minimum Intermediate level MS Excel skills; experience with Microsoft BI, SAP and Oryx planning would be advantageous.
- Good IT skills, with the emphasis on use of databases, with structured, robust approach to data manipulation.
- Proven self-starter, demonstrating ability to independently work through and resolve issues as they arise;
- Ability to identify issues and adopt a solution based approach to resolution.
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search