Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
Bookkeeper/Finance Assistant - Hybrid Working - Part-Time (3 days per week) - £32,000 pro-rata (£19,200 for 3-day week)
Lorien's client is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper/Finance Assistant to join their dynamic team in central Edinburgh. As a vital member of their finance department, you will play a key role in maintaining our financial records and ensuring compliance with tax regulations. If you have a passion for finance, exceptional attention to detail, and a desire to work in a flexible, start-up environment, then this is the place for you.
About the role:
- Manage all aspects of financial accounting, including billing, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, employee expenses, and VAT.
- Enter data, maintain records, and create reports to track financial transactions.
- Take ownership of month-end processes, including bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, and monthly journals.
- Prepare quarterly EU and UK VAT returns.
- Generate monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Organise information and statements for external auditors.
- Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Perform additional controller duties as needed.
- Prior experience as a Bookkeeper/Finance Assistant, I fit happens to be with a start-up or highly IT automated environment that would be a real plus point but not essential.
- Finance/accounting degree and/or accounting qualifications.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with accounting software (preferably Xero) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting, cost control principles, and IFRS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Attention to detail
Hybrid working role with office in the city centre of Edinburgh, please not this role is *Part-Time (3 days per week)* and offers up to £32,000 per annum pro-rata (£19,200 for 3-day week) plus excellent benefits.
Role will also offer the chance to up skill to a Finance Manager role later down the line should you wish to do so.
Should the above sound like you please do send over the most recent version of your CV or call for a confidential discussion.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG - The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.