Power BI Developer - Edinburgh - 4 Month Contract
Our Public Sector client are currently recruiting for a Business Architect to join on a 6 month initial contract, outside IR35.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/knowledge:
- Database architecture and schema design, with a particular focus on data warehousing and reporting.
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries for ad-hoc analysis
- Tabular model design and construction
- Writing intermediate level DAX measures
- Power BI modelling and reporting at an organisational level. Writing DAX measures. Understanding of optimal data structures to support Power BI reporting
- Experience of providing a variety of statistically meaningful reports to support decision making processes
- Understanding of data presentation techniques, appropriate use of chart types, etc
- Experience of working flexibly and collaboratively within your own team and across other workstreams
- Experienced in Agile Methodologies
- Ability to work within all levels of a reporting solution, taking into account effects and consequences across the entire solution
- Power BI Row Level Security
- Power Query
- DAX (Context transition, etc)
- Ability to designing and building ETL processes to provide appropriately structured data for Power BI based on an understanding of tabular modelling and the Vertipaq engine.
- Deployment of Power BI models and reports to the Power BI Service with appropriate security in place.
- Skilled in influencing at all levels, especially with reference to shaping requirements and presenting potential solutions.
- Able to evidence excellent leadership qualities including managing conflict and the ability to work together to resolve challenges.
- Ability to work within available time constraints, delivering solutions that can be built upon in an Agile manner where scope must be restricted.
- Continually strives to develop processes and ways of working to improve the quality of services
- Ability to establish key tasks and components in the reporting data landscape and identify suitable Agile stories for these.
Should this position be of interest please submit your CV and I will be in contact as required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search