£32,909 - £34,723Leeds - Travel around Leeds to different sites
Are you an experienced Infrastructure Engineer with strong skills in CCTV installation and maintenance, looking for a new permanent role for a leading organisation, that offers a really good overall package and really looks after their employees well?
Job Purpose:The installation and maintenance of CCTV cameras, on street technology and control room infrastructure including associated computer systems, matrices, data transmission systems and software.Responsibilities for Grade:To ensure a co-ordinated and consistent approach to the installation, maintenance and performance of CCTV, on street technology and its control room systems by:
- Installing new CCTV cameras, systems and associated ancillary equipment in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintaining existing CCTV cameras, systems and associated ancillary equipment in a timely and efficient manner
- Installing on street technology such as sensors and IoT devices, including their systems and associated ancillary equipment in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintaining on street technology such as sensors and IoT devices, including their associated ancillary equipment in a timely and efficient manner
- Installing and maintaining data transmission services
- Installing control room IT hardware and software
- Maintaining and supporting control room hardware and software
- Provide training and guidance to support staff and partners
- To support the CCTV Engineer Manager in the installation and maintenance of the CCTV and control room infrastructure
Ensure all CCTV cameras and on street technology under the responsibility of the role operate efficiently to maximise service delivery and reliabilityEnsure control room systems operate efficiently to maximise service delivery and reliabilityWork within the Departmental Safety Policy taking responsibility for your own safety and that of others.
Qualifications:Applicants should be qualified in a relevant CCTV / Electrical / IT related discipline including CCTV systems, data transmission, and / or computing or equivalent.PERSONAL SPECIFICATION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: It is essential that the Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following criteria for the post within the context of the specific role duties and responsibilities: Candidates will only be shortlisted for interview if they can demonstrate on the application form that they meet all the essential requirements.Method of Assessment will be through one or more of the following Application Form, Test, Interview or Certificate.Skills Required
- Ability to maintain and configure software systems assessing functionality
- Have an organised and pragmatic approach to fault finding. Accurately follow fault finding guidance and instructions
- Ability to safely and efficiently undertake and follow guidance for the installation and maintenance of technical systems.
- Be able to provide evaluation on software system effectiveness and provide recommendations on its modification and enhancement.
- Be able to dynamically create a fault finding methodology and structure fault finding process for complex integrated systems
- Able to work on multiple projects, prioritising workloads. Provide guidance and support to colleagues
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate complex technical issues to colleagues and partners.
- Knowledge in a relevant CCTV / Electrical / IT related discipline including CCTV systems, data transmission, and / or computing or equivalent
- Knowledge of commercial CCTV systems.
- Knowledge of network and data transmission technologies
- Working under own initiative and in a team
- Experience of working to strict and often conflicting deadlines
- Working with a variety of computer systems and software packages
- Familiarity with data transmission methods
- Experience of CCTV or electrical/mechanical systems
- Working under own initiative and providing direction and guidance to colleagues
- Experience working to strict programmes with competing priorities
- Installation, configuration and assessment of new hardware and software
- Understanding of Data transmission technologies and mediums, IP protocols, switching and routing hardware
- Experience of commercial and enterprise CCTV systems
- Ability to effectively utilise and replenish stock and consumable technology items
- Public space CCTV installations
- IP radio technology
- Fibre transmission technologies
- Cisco switching and routing equipment
- Fibre optical cable installation and termination
- Installation of switching and routing hardware
If this role is a good fit for you, PLEASE APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age