FOOD SAFETY OFFICER - FORT WILLIAM / LOCHABER
Our Fort William / Lochaber based client has a new opportunity for a Food Safety Officer to provide a range of technical and specialist regulatory and advice duties covering Food Safety legislation.
The role will involve carrying out a range of Regulation and Advice Duties.
For Food Safety the responsibility includes undertaking official control duties, including enforcement at food premises and approved establishments, and to carry out import and export controls and such other duties arising in terms of Food Safety legislation such as the Food Safety Act 1990.
- Maintaining an effective working knowledge of the law and practice in relation to Food Safety.
- Contributing to the smooth running of the Environmental Health team by ensuring Performance Targets are met and customer care standards are achieved.
- Liaising and working closely with Environmental Health Officers (EHOs), and Senior Environmental Health Officers in their capacity as lead officers, and in relation to special projects.
- Preparing internal reports for management purposes.
- Ensure that Council procedures are followed, and accurate records are kept of work undertaken.
- Promoting good working relationships with other officers, external agencies and the general public.
- To fully co-operate in all emergency situations which may from time to time arise.
- To attend seminars, working groups and take part in additional training as deemed necessary.
- Experience of Food Safety within a Local Authority Department in relation to Enforcement and Advisory Duties
- Candidates must hold the Higher Certificate in Food Practice, as awarded by the Scottish Food Safety Officers' Registration Board, or received confirmation from the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) of the equivalency of their qualifications
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search