Main purpose of the job
We are looking for a CAD/ BIM Technician for 9 months to work closely with the Space and Workplace Manager, IWMS Manager, and members of the Space Team in the standardisation and update of drawings across all Portfolios.
Assist the Space Team with ad-hoc production of drawings/models including but not limited to space plans, furniture layouts, as-built updates.
Assist the Space Team in maintaining space records including drawings and space data in PlanOn.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the CAD users of the Space Team in the production and continous improvement of internal CAD and Building Information Management standards.
- Evaluate methods to aid in the development of 'Best Practice' in drawing, model, data, and information management for the Space Team.
- Validate drawings produced and received for correctness, completeness, and compatibility with PlanOn.
- Undertake surveys of new or existing spaces to validate and update as-built record drawings.
- Provide an ad-hoc service to the Space Team in the production of plans and models including general arrangement, elevations, and layouts.
- Support in managing, monitoring, auditing and improving the comprehensiveness and accuracy of data on current space allocations.
- Support in the review and update of space use categorisations; clean-up database to reflect amended categorisations on Planon.
- Liaise within other services areas in Campus Experience and Infrastructure including Fire Safety, Health & Safety to produce drawings which are compliant.
Skills and abilities:
- Experience of working in a comparable Estates department or architectural practice, managing internal and external stakeholder relationships and expectations would be advantageous
- Good technical knowledge of AutoCAD including: Blocks, Xrefs, Paper/Model Space, and Attribute Data
- Practical experience and up to date ability to use AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks
- Good technical knowledge of Revit/Navisworks including: IFC, view and sheet creation, object creation, federated models, and drawing/data export.
- Data management skills including the ability to use MS Excel and/or BI to organise and manipulate data would be advantageous.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted
Back to job search