Senior Internal Auditor
We have an incredible opportunity to join our amazing Financial Services client as a Senior Internal Auditor - Financial Risks to join our Group Internal Audit (GIA) team.
As a Senior Internal Auditor you will have the opportunity to make a real difference tot he business, protect its customers, shareholders and colleagues, and influence at Executive and Board level with the work you deliver. You will assess the landscape of risks, work with your team to devise audit strategies and execute end to end audits whilst owning the work and stakeholder relationships.
We believe in hiring the best diversified talent to bring themselves to the role and think differently to help us. As well as core audit delivery you will help form macro opinions, keep our audit universe relevant, develop audit topics for the annual plan and can get involved in driving functional initiatives forward.
Working for a large organisation like us can seem daunting at first - fear not! Whilst this is an autonomous role where you will shape the outcome, you will have the guidance and support of Senior Managers and Heads of Audit. We also have a clear business partnership model with line management who engage in an open and collaborative way to help ussucceed together.
You primary area of business and assurance focus will beAsset Management. We are creating a world class asset management business which will leverage market leading technologies, directly acquire credit assets and have sustainability at the heart of its investment strategies.
We expect you to make an immediate impact, establishing trusted relationships with stakeholders and colleagues. This role is an ideal fit if your capabilities include:
· Insight: Strategic and pragmatic mind-set, with excellent risk and control focus.
· Innovation: Thrives on change, continuous improvement and new ideas.
· Impact: Effective communicator, with courage to ask challenging questions.
· Influence: Develops strong, credible & influential relationships with key stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication skills (both written and verbal English), interpersonal skills, able to build relationships and influence at a senior level
- Strong understanding of risks and controls and good attention to detail; strong analytical skills
- Confident and ability to challenge status quo in effective and constructive manner
- Strong in analytical and problem-solving skills to understand the root causes and provide solutions
- ·Excellent planning, co-ordination and organisation skills, balancing audit delivery with external demands and managing multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Commercial and strategic outcomes based focus
- Ability to operate in a fast paced changing environment, with a need to constantly adapt
- Previous External Audit, Internal Audit, Risk Assurance, Controls Assurance or Sarbanes Oxley experience desired
- Experience within a Financial Services organisation, preferably Asset Management or Pensions and Savings
- Knowledge of the markets, competitors, products, services, trends, impacting forces and factors, that make up the Asset Management industry
- Understanding of Data Management & Data Quality principles and how to use them in assurance work
- Wide ranging exposure to primarily less liquid (e.g. ERMs, collateralised loans, derivatives, repacks, structured notes, and so on) asset classes
- A professional qualification (e.g. Chartered / Certified Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Internal Auditor) is preferred but not essential.
- Professional services, consulting or blue chip Financial Services background
- Highly motivated, self-starter and eager to make a different
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
your application has been submitted