We are currently recruiting for an Investment Manager to join our Insurance clients' Asset Management's New Assets team. The successful candidate will provide market-leading investment, risk and actuarial technical and business knowledge that will aid senior management decision making, and will be responsible for the execution of key strategic objectives.
The Investment Manager reports directly to Senior Leadership in the New Assets team and is dedicated to the development of their Asset Management's investment and portfolio management strategy. This will be delivered via evaluating, proposing and supporting onboarding for new asset classes, products and bespoke asset management transactions.
Context - New Assets Team:
- Leads the analysis, proposal and implementation of new asset classes and bespoke transactions in line with Asset Management's investment and risk management strategy.
- Provides primary subject matter expertise for Asset Management when engaging with internal and external stakeholder on new asset management propositions, including asset management and banking partners and the regulator.
- Reviews and supports proposals for credit rating, valuation, capital modelling and operational considerations concerning new asset management propositions.
- Be responsible for developing new asset value propositions and subsequent implementation in line with Asset Management's investment and risk management strategy, and to support delivery of the Group Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Lead new asset management proposition development and risk analysis on behalf of Asset Management, working closely with:
- External asset management and banking partners to identify market opportunities and inform strategic priorities for Asset Management.
- Liquid Credit, Illiquid Asset, Mortgage and Asset-Liability Management (ALM) teams to evaluate attractiveness of new asset classes and develop new asset management propositions.
- Risk and Actuarial functions to formalise concrete risk appetite and IMA guideline proposals and provide expert input to support development of credit rating methodologies and the internal capital model treatment for new and existing assets.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to support delivery of Asset Management investment strategy and Group objectives.
- To identify and develop key technical capabilities within the business required to support investment objectives and strategies.
- To collaborate closely with all Asset Management teams to ensure consistency of investment deliverables and execution of strategy.
- Asset Management Subject Matter Expert on either markets and new asset origination or insurance balance sheet asset optimisation (e.g. Matching Adjustment, Solvency II and UK Life Insurance regulatory environment), contributing to Group internal point-of-view on strategic solutions.
- Experience within investment teams, demonstrating responsibility for managing, proposing or executing multi-asset portfolios and solutions.
- Proven competence in driving implementation projects across (i) project design, (ii) stakeholder management and (iii) provision of Management Information.
- Proven strong analytical skills and research capabilities.
- Proven ability and enthusiasm for collaborating and communicating effectively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of fixed income valuation concepts and models.
- Strong knowledge of efficiency of assets under Solvency II balance sheet framework.
- Good understanding of the illiquid assets landscape.
- Demonstrable track record of interacting well with large range of stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to evaluate investment strategies across all asset classes.
- Excellent holistic financial thinking with very good numerical skills.
- Ability to assign priorities to multiple activities while ensuring integrity, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise fashion both verbally and in written communications.
- Strong stakeholder management - develops effective and collaborative relationships across a wide range of stakeholders including senior management.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics or similar.
- CFA or Qualified Actuary beneficial, but not essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age
Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search